My Blog List

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My little darling, Leah...

I just read on Dr. Sears' website that she is a "high need baby." I love her so much but she can be a handful. She only wants to be with me and be carried and walked around. Don't even think about sitting down because she'll tell you what she thinks about it by squirming around and grunting. And if you don't respond to that, she'll break out into a cry and then a fit. Also, this baby weighs over twenty pounds and wants to be carried which can be torturous on the back. I just read some tips on Dr. Sears' website so I may give it a whirl. If any of you have any suggestions, I would love to hear your thoughts.

She is quite a character also. When I'm feeding her and she's had enough, she'll put her hand out and give you the stop sign. Cracks me up! Also, she has learned that "uh oh" doesn't always stand for a mishap. She started throwing things all over the place and saying it... that's my girl. As far as saying "mama" and "dada," she says it but I don't really think she knows who we are... lol. She cries, "mama" when she wants me which I think is a start; but otherwise, she hardly says it. "Dada" and "baba" are just something she says all the time regardless if dad is around or not.

All in all, this is my job and I love it. Hopefully, she'll always be my happy little girl who likes to say "uh oh" and grin her little gummy smile at me. Well, hopefully, there will be some teeth in that gummy smile! LOL

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog! I like it. You could be a great writer too! You have a good writing style and I like your narrative voice! Awesome and very inspiring~ I should really write more these days.

    ReplyDelete