My Blog List

Sunday, January 5, 2020

To knit or not to knit?

The last time I knitted, I believe I was about 15 years old.  My lovely Aunt Candy was knitting a cardigan for her new baby and I wanted to learn. My aunt suggested that I start with a scarf. I started out great with a couple of holes here and there but I was proud of my work. However, as the r
ows went on, I noticed that my scarf was getting more and more narrow. So, like a typical teenager, I gave up. Fast forward decades  later, I decided to give it another whirl. Having learned how to crochet in years past, I figured that I could give knitting one more try. I had always wanted to learn how to knit cables. So I found an easy pattern kit and attempted my scarf. Mind you, it’s not perfect but considering that I learned all this in a day, I am pretty certain that I can scratch “learning to knit cables” off of my bucket list!

If you’re wondering where I found this beautiful knit scarf kit that comes with instructions and yarn, I am happy to let you know that I found it on bluprint.com (formerly known as Craftsy.) Not only does it have instructions for a cable knit but there are instructions for 2 other knit scarves as well! You get your choice of color yarn too! I believe I got the kit on sale and they have sales often. FYI, I am not a paid sponsor, I am just a happy crafter spreading the love! ❤️

Until the next entry, lovlies! 




No comments:

Post a Comment